Anatomy is the science that studies the structure of the body.
Initially, Anatomy was studied mainly by dissection. Dissection is a technique to cut, to open & see various structures which make up the human body structure. The scope of modern anatomy has become very wide because it is now studied by all possible techniques which can enlarge the boundaries of the anatomical knowledge.
- Anatomy is taught for I BHMS students according to the syllabus prescribed by MPMSU, Jabalpur.
- The department is provided with a Desktop and internet facility which makes students benefited by audiovisual method of teaching.
- The department consists of Mortuary, museum, dissection hall, demonstration hall with audio visual facility & histological laboratory.
- The Demonstration room can accommodate about 50 students.
- The department is currently facilitated with a many specimens, charts, models, Skeletons, bones, mummified bodies, transparencies, CD’s , Atlas are arranged or displayed on the walls for quick reference.
- The departmental laboratory is currently facilitated with :
- Dead bodies
- Dissection Tables
- Projector Room
- Audio- visual Room
|1.||Dissection Tables with marble tops or stainless steel (6’x’1’x2’x3’)||04|
|2.||Dissection set complete||02|
|3.||Saw for sectioning body and limbs||01|
|4.||Storage tanks to hold cadavers||02|
|9.||Soft Part (dry)||22|
|11.||Bones (Loose)||06 sets|
|17.||Departmental Library||50 Books|
|18.||No. of Cadavers available||03|
Anatomy Teaching Staff
|1.||Dr. Mukesh Agrawal||Professor & HOD||M.D. (Hom.), BHMS|
|2.||Dr. Manish Shroff||Guest Associate Professor||MBBS, M.S. Ortho|
|3.||Dr. Anukrati Nagori||Assistant Professor||M.D.(Hom.), BHMS|