The department of organon of medicine instills the knowledge of the philosophy of homoeopathy. The department ensures that students gain a sound comprehension of the various principles laid down by the master Dr. Hahnemann himself in the form of doctrines or aphorisms.
Organon of Medicine and Homoeopathic Philosophy is the bedrock of Homoeopathy as it contains the basic fundamentals in treating the patients.
This subject has major contribution in the curriculum as it is taught in all four years of the BHMS course. This is a basic subject which provides knowledge of Homoeopathy to the students and helps them in their clinical practice. This subject is taught to the students in both theory and clinical classes in each year by the faculty.
And it is taught for I, II, III and IV BHMS students according to the syllabus prescribed by Central Council of Homoeopathy, New Delhi. Special focus is emphasized in teaching Aphorisms of Organon along with Philosophy including Psychology.
At the end of the course, the B.H.M.S. student will be:
Recall the events surrounding the discovery of homeopathy.
- Recall the contributions of Hahnemann and other stalwarts in developing homeopathy into a complete therapeutic system.
- Identify the fundamental resource literature in homeopathy.
- Explain the cardinal principles of homeopathy.
- Explain the role, limitations and prospects of homeopathy as a health care system.
- Explain the evolution of medical though from early ages till date and discuss homeopathic concept in that context.
- Explain the concept of health, disease and cure in homeopathy.
- Knowledge of methods of case taking and case analysis Clinical.
- Skill in the application of methods of case taking and analysis.
- Identification of the miasmatic expressions in the history taken.
- Plan the potency and dosage for the history taken.
- Interpret the results of prescription and plan for an appropriate second prescription.
- Identify homeopathic aggravation and counsel patients for it.
- Determine the plan of treatment for difficult and incurable cases.
- Advise the patient regarding the diet to be followed and the diet to be avoided during homeopathic treatment.
|1.||Total number of Charts||16|
|2.||Books on History of Medicine||05|
|3.||Charts on History of Medicine||06|
|4.||Number of books in Departmental Library||132|
ORGANON OF MEDICINE Teaching Staff
|1.||Prof. Dr. S. P. Singh||Professor & HOD||D.H.M.S., M.D. (Hom)|
|2.||Dr. Munira Naqui||Associate Professor||D.H.M.S., M.D. (Hom)|
|3.||Dr. Deepali Soni||Asst. Professor||B.H.M.S., M.D. (Hom)|